All bat species, along with their breeding and resting places (i.e. roosts) are protected by law. There are many activities that can have an impact on bats. For example:
- Tree surgery to a mature tree
- The removal or change to roosting or foraging habitats such as hedgerows, trees and wetlands
- Re-pointing brickwork and cavity wall insulation
- Renovating, converting or demolishing of buildings
- The installation of new lighting either inside the roost or outside influencing the roost entrance
Please contact the Oakbank office to discuss any bat ecological survey work you may require.
The following link provides a detailed summary of the procedure.